Advanced Gas Turbines (LDI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawdude

Mechanical
Apr 14, 2000
US
Visit site
Hi, <br> I am in search of information pertaining to advanced gas turbine engines. In particular, I am interested in locating articles, web sites, companies, or anything that will give me information pertaining to lean-direct injection (LDI). This is a process that is currently being researched which will increase the pressure and temperature of a gas turbine engine while keeping the NOx within expectable limits. The only information that I currently have is from the mid-90’s. This information stemmed from research being done at NASA for High Speed Civil Transportation. Any ideas would be greatly appreciatted.<br> <p>Ross A. Watters<br><a href=mailto:ross_a_watters@hotmail.com>ross_a_watters@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try the ASME. They publish a Journal for Engineering of Gas Turbines and Power on a monthly basis that will probably have a back-article or two on this subject.

I'm a bit confused, if the unit is direct injection then the injected fuel is 100%, is LDI a strange name for a lean combustion process. I also can not see how you can increase the temperature out of the combustor without damaging the first stage nozzles. I thought most Turbine companies manufactured their combustion systems to the max. possible temperature and then went to great effort to keep the turbine's blades cool enough so they don't get damaged.
Maybe the above is missing the point and the increase in temperature is localized within the combustor to achieve combustion of a lean mixture. Very interested in the concept (friday arvo and avoiding work), please let me know what you found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back