Status
Not open for further replies.

tkovats

Automotive
Aug 13, 2008
MX
Good morning,

I am new with on this forum,

I have just installed NX6 besides N5.04 running with NXNastran 5.0, everything worked fine before the install but now the Advanced simulation stops early after the model is run. (the .f04 and .f06 files exist but are empty). It seems that the problem comes from Flexlm. I have replaced the one given with NX5 one with the one supplied with NX6.

I have one A026G bundle and several increments in my license file.

The license otions tool under NX6 doesn't see the bundle (it does under NX5).
What's strange is that the modelling works fine but the CAE doesn't, I can switch between the applications in the Gateway, mesh my model add all the loads/constrains.

Everythis seems to work until I submit my model to Nastran, it writes the .dat file, the analysis job monitor window shows up but say that that solve is complete in a fraction of a second.

Here's what it tell in the Flexlm log file (extract):

12:44:51 (ugslmd) UNSUPPORTED: "A026G_ug_nas_bn" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) TKovats@Dell1510 (License server system does not support this feature. (-18,327))
12:44:51 (ugslmd) UNSUPPORTED: "ug_nas_bn" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) TKovats@Dell1510 (License server system does not support this feature. (-18,327))
12:45:30 (ugslmd) IN: "A026G_nx_masterfem" TKovats@Dell1510
12:45:30 (ugslmd) IN: "A026G_nx_ftk" TKovats@Dell1510
13:06:36 (ugslmd) IN: "A026G" TKovats@Dell1510
13:06:36 (ugslmd) IN: "A026G_gateway" TKovats@Dell1510

I read the reference guide and error #-18 should be that the feature is not supported, but I have a real license file provided under maitenance and the one I have is supposed to work with both NX5 and NX5.

If you have some tips I would really appreciate.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Tamas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

The simulation works from the batch, I eventually found out why it wouldn't work from NX6, I set tha scratch directory to C:\Program Files\UGS\NXNastran\Scratch, it perfectly works if this is set to C:\temp\.

My mistake.

Tamas

Yes, how do you change? I'm just doing some tutorials and when I submit the job to solve it errors-out with "no parallel process created".

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back