Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aerospace Hydraulic Systems References

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydromechdude

Aerospace
Jun 3, 2008
I started working as a hydraulic systems integrator ~1.5 years ago and would like some good reference books. I've been looking around and I have heard that 'Hydraulic System Analysis' by George Keller is really good.

I Google'd around for some stuff one day and came upon 'Handbook of Hydraulic Fluid Technology' by George E. Totten and it seemed pretty good from the preview that I looked at. That being said, it was $260, so I'd like to make sure it's worth it.

I'm a systems integrator and so that's what I plan to use them for. I'm worried that the Hydraulic System Analysis is only that - analysis. I'm more concerned with fluids, seals, pumps, valves, maintenance, etc. Analysis is nice, but I will not use it as much in the near future as I would the other things.

Anyone have some good suggestions?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hydromechdude...

Try STINET... some reports are dated, but fundamentals are the same for conventional designs (except of course for cutting-edge VH pressure hydraulic systems)

and search on

" aircraft and hydraulic system and analysis "

" aircraft and hydraulic system and design "

Etc...

Regards, Wil Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back