Status
Not open for further replies.

pooyishka

Petroleum
May 4, 2012
US
Hi...
We have Ball Valve with specification as below:
"10" BALL VALVE, CARBON STEEL PER ASTM A216 GRADE WCB, CLASS 150#, RAISED FACE, LONG PATTERN DIMENSIONS, SPLIT BODY, FLOATING BALL, API 608 DESIGN, REDUCED PORT, 316 BALL&STEM, RTFE SEATS, AFLAS O-RINGS, FELXIBLE GRAPHITE STEM SEAL GASKET, FIRE TESTED TO API 607, GEAR OPERATED"
however Project spec. calls for Ball valve with one more added item to the items above "AFLAS O-RINGS".
can we install the O-RINGS on this valve or we should buy another valve?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I was a valve manufacturer who manufactures such valves, I would tell you to buy new valves. But I guess nobody here can give you an answer. That is a decision just must make. What do the people say who wrote the project specification?

THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE.
I AM IN RUSH TO GET THE ANSWER OTHERWISE I ISSUE THE RFI TO GET ANSWER FROM CLIENT. I THINK, SHOULD BUY A NEW ONE WHICH INCLUDE ALL THE SPEC.

This is a 'typical description' in the way that it probably describes what is 'once upon a time' used for this or similar apllications before by the end user or consultant. It could be (at that time) correct and accurate, but with no guarantee for that, or that it actually exists to day or are the best exsisting commercial and constructionwise best solution today.

Start with asking for process data, real performance demands, lifetime expectations and exact application.

Previously used brand and model for comparing your product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back