Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After analysis: NO STEP DATA in ABAQUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingeniosus

Structural
Jul 23, 2011
IT
Hi!

I've a problem: after an analysis in ABAQUS I want to visualize results, but appears this window:

THERE IS NO VALID STEP DATA AVAILABLE ON THE DATABASE.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You didn't do anything with your model. A step defines the type of analysis you will be performing. For example, Static/General or Linear Pertebation Frequency. What are you trying to do? Sounds like you have a model but you didn't setup an analysis.

I'm doing a thermal analysis of a slab before, and then I use temperatures (like an input) to study the slab under load conditions.

Thermal analysis works perfectly, but the static analysis doesn't.

I'm a bit confused. Are you, trying to do a combination of thermal loading conditions and physical loading conditions? Or are your running these analyses separately?

I'm running these analysis separately.
Thermal analysis works.
When I run static analysis, ABAQUS tells me that it's ABORTED and I can't see any output results.

Usually I can view results also if the analysis have aborted.

That depends on when it aborts, but that's beside the point... it shouldn't abort at all. If it's just a simple static loading analysis, then you obviously forgot something basic. If the thermal analysis worked, how have you set up your new model for the static analysis? Did you copy it directly from your thermal model? Did you delete your old step? Did you define your loads properly? Did you define your BCs? ....the list can get long. If you want to just attach you cae I will see if I can spot the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back