Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After to change the drawing sheet background, how to save?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonix

Military
Jan 27, 2007
US
How can the background be saved as a template so that you can use it over and over?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Put just want you want in the background and save it as a catdrawing file.

Then when you create new drawings, go to file, page setup, insert background view and browse for the file you just saved.

--Jay

Followup question.

My part is in inches. I started a drawing and specified ANSI-B (11x17).

My dimensions are coming up in mm. How do I change a sheet to be in inches?

phonix
Search the forum for drafting standards - this topic is beat to death. Also check FAQ, another good spot for info on the matter.

Regards,
Derek

Just read all that. I cannot figure it out. I have an idea. How about a button with two positions. English or Metric.

I went into the XML file for ANSI, saved it as COMPANY-NAME-ANSI, and searched/replaced NUM.DIMM to in and that worked. I also searched for .01< and replaced with .001< and now it shows 3 decimals.

In your Dimension Style pull down, you should see NUM.DIMM. Select your dimension and change this to NUM.DINC and you will get inches. If you want it to permanately default to NUM.DINC, then you will need to change your Drafting Standard.

There are more standards available. Try them all to see what they look like.

Yes -- I did see I could do that one at a time.

Another question: I changed the XML file to .001 to get three decimals. However, it still shows a value such as 0.130 as 0.13. Why is it not showing the 3rd 0? It is significant to me as I want the machinist to know that I always care about thousandths.

I would like to globally change this and not one at a time.

That does nothing to change the Drafting Standards. The parameter that is supposed to do this is NDFinZer. It should be set to 2 to display trailing zeros. Under Tools Standards, look under the Value Formats section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back