Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agile PLM software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhays

Automotive
Dec 2, 2003
US
Hi,
My firm is looking into implementing the Agile (the software title, not just the concept) for PLM support.
I am looking for some information and advice from others who have implemented Agile in their organizations. We'll be supporting mainly hardware developers but some software people as well. a team of about 30 in all.
I'm interested to hear about your experiences with other PLM software as well. Here are some of the questions I'm having trouble answering (and please feel free to tell me if you think these are the wrong questions to be asking):

How much does it cost for licensing and how is licensing handled? (by individual users, by site, by server?)
What are the hardware requirements?
What were your costs for implementation support?
What are the software maintenance fees?
Do you link it to your ERP system? if so, is that done with another piece of software or a plug-in or a custom application?
Do you have any valuable lessons learned?

Thank you so much for your help

-bhays

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you say PLM do you mean PL/M (86, 286 or 386) or is it something completely different?

To make Agile work, everyone must sign up to it. If you get a don't care attitude with some of the senior (or spolit) staff, it just doesn't work. By spoilt staff, I mean staff who have had their own way for too long, just because they are the ones in charge of some key piece of software. They tend to behave, pretty much like spoilt kids.

By PLM I mean Product Lifecycle Management.
i understand there is an agile software development process too, but i am referring to Agile Software (recently purchased by Oracle) which is meant to support Product Lifecycle Management.
Interestingly, your comment on buy in from the execs and spoilt is very applicable to my question as well.
-bhays

We have been using Agile PLM for several years and are quite happy with it. We are using it for ALL drawing, specification and BOM work at 3 locations through the world. The system has been working great with little or no down time and does not require a lot of IT support. Agile starts the record and is downloaded to out ERP via the Agile ChangeCast tool. All records begin in Agile. In fact a part master can not be created in the ERP without going thru Agile. The cost questions you have can best be answered by your salesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back