Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AGTEK software

Status
Not open for further replies.

justbuildit

Civil/Environmental
Oct 25, 2005
US
The company I work for is deciding to purchase AGTEK grading takeoff and modeling software. What is everyones positive and negative feedback on this software? Is the most popular available, or does anyone recommend other vendors? We are a grading contractor and will use it use for bid takeoffs, GPS modeling for earthwork equipment, and timely billing quantities. How much planning and management time do you spend with this software?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had never used Agtek but I do a lot of dirt take off with Quest Earthwork. what I like is that is very easy to use, the new version 6.6 alow you to import drawings from autocad very easy. Also it has a stake mode that you can use it with your total station but you need a data collector pogram.
In terms of money, to do an electronic dirt take off is the way to go you have a 180000cy job and you will spend a month working, with this programs you can spend a day and you are done and more acurate than anything

Agtek is the best software around for initial takeoff purposes before the job is bid. My experience is with Insite and Agtek. Agtek beats InSite by many lenghts as good as Insite is. Good Decision on buying Agtek. As fas as post bid operations are concerned, I am aware that you can use it. I am not aware just how. Once you learn the In's and Outs you will be able to determine what the strengths and limitations are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back