Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Air Bleed Valve at Diff. Pressure Gage - Required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan1978

Mechanical
Mar 28, 2008
CA
Dan1978 (Mechanical)(OP)27 Nov 17 02:54
Hello,

I am installing an inline sediment filter on a domestic water piping system. We want to install a differential pressure gage mounted above the filter to determine when the filter needs to be changed. Incoming pressure would be about 50-60 PSI and am measuring a pressure difference in the range of 10 - 15 PSI. The small 1/8” dia. pipes feeding the gauge will be tee’d off the main line from the top side. Here’s a link to the pressure gage we’re using;

Do I need to install air bleed valves at the inlets to the gage? My thought is it shouldn’t really matter what’s applying pressure to the gage itself, whether that be the fluid directly, or what will likely be the case, trapped air in the piping. The air and water have to be at the same pressure so as long as something is exerting the force.

I would like to avoid installing air bleed valves as there is limited space. Would really appreciate any thoughts or if someone has had a similar experience with a similar setup.

Thanks,
Dan Sheppard

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back