Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Air cylinder for ride height control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrud

Automotive
Nov 14, 2005
US
I'm cross posting this with the ME Other Topics sections, just in the hope that someone who can help might see it.

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone might be able to help me find something. What I'm looking for is a cup style air cylinder with a hollow center.

It is something similar to this:
img_home_03.jpg

That is from a kit that is used to fit over a conventional coil over setup for a car to raise and lower the ride height. They seem to be low pressure because of the fittings that are on it.

I have been looking all night, and can't seem to find anything that will work for it, maybe I'm just not looking in the right place or don't know what something like this would be called. So I'm hoping someone else on here has come across something like this and might have some leads for me.

I appreciate any help,
Tim

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I looked at firestone's offerings and they didn't seem to have anything that would work for this.

What I would really like to find is essentially a metal expanding donut. Basically a spring spacer that would increase height with air pressure. I am also open to other ways of changing the height of the spacer. But I'm not having any luck finding anything or figure out who the best place to talk to about something like this would be.

The biggest constraint is the need for the center to be open. Which is making it hard to find.

Tim

The pressure required would depend entirely on piston area. It should not need all that much to hold up a car.

The little guy in this picture will lift 12 tons and has a .77 hole through it.

e_rch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back