Air Flooding System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgee630

Electrical
Dec 13, 2019
GB
Hi,

May I have some advices on air flooding system. Assume I have to design an air flooding system, e.g. a pressurized raised floor, how to estimate the air pressure drop of this flooding system in order to size the external static pressure of the AHU ?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could you provide more details on the system? What are the project requirements? The external static pressure is calculated by adding up the pressure drops of the air's pathway. What does the pathway look like for the air from start to finish?

@nuuvox000

Basically I'd like to understand how to determine the pressure drop of the air path if a flooding system is used, e.g. a pressurized raised floor system with the AHU just immediately connected to it with air outlets at various locations. I see such kind of raised floor design normally requires 50Pa ESP or even less, so want to understand how it's calculated

Yu mean under-floor air distribution? In general they are like plenums with almost no pressure drop. I'd start reading manufacturer design guides.
Unfortunately often the floor is too low, and many obstructions due to conduit, pipes etc.

What are you cooling? Is this for a data room? If so, then you'll typically have certain floor grilles to make the air come up in the correct locations. These grilles have manufacturer data that tell you pressure drop for specific CFM for FPM. If it's not for a data room then you'll need to provide more details on the project to get better answers. I don't specify any equipment with an ESP that low because of unknowns. For a data room especially I wouldn't specify anything under 0.5 in w.c. but the actual ESP depends on a lot of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back