Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Air flow and fuel flow calculations 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaber26111

Mechanical
Sep 8, 2013
EG
Hello everybody here,

First, that is not a student work, that is a work i do as freelancing task, if anybody hears about, well, here is what i need help about,

Take a look at that website, which offer engine simulator software, gives accurate calculations for the whole vehicle, with some input data, here is it:

I made the calculations for the compression ratio, and displacement, and got very close, may be exact as the software output, and i am stuck with the air flow and fuel flow calculations using the input data which are there, so anyone can help with this?, and which formulas used?

Will appreciate your reply, and again not student work, as i know and respect the forum legacy,
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What I don't understand is why you are trying to duplicate the linked web site when it is obviously deficient.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

hello everybody again, especially Brian

You're right Brian, the software does have a lot of mistakes, such as that stiochemtric air fuel ratio, having 90% gasoline, and 10% Ethanol, would be 14.13:1, so the 12:97 given by the software not right as you mentioned, about the fuel flow factor, it simply divide the 100% gasoline A/F ratio by that 14:13, to give 1:04 , so as the whole results are related to eachother, the others would still be incorrect

i just wanted to clarify that, for everybody helped with those calculations, and i really wonder how come a software like this is offered for sale, and saying that it's very accurate, while it has a lot of mistakes, so i just trusted it and came here to ask, and doubted my calculation results :)

So much thanks for everyone again, and special for Brian :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back