Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Air Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

101Turtle

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2000
US
Does anyone know where I can find Air springs that have a thru hole (donut shape), can lift at least 500 lb.  Dimension sizes around 10" OD, 6" ID (size can very)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Firestone and Goodyear both make such things.<br><br>Look at mcmaster-carr.com and look up &quot;air springs&quot;<br><br>Larry

I have tried contacting them a few times, and have talked to there local reps.&nbsp;&nbsp;The problem is they do not have a thru hole on these air springs.&nbsp;&nbsp;They mount by threads on the top and bottom.&nbsp;&nbsp;I need to run a 3/8-24 rod thru the center of the air springs.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you know of any other sources to check out, I would greatly appreciate it<br><br>Richard

You might try using a tire inner tube. These are made for small tires like on scooters.<br>Maybe you can find a size that will suit your needs.<br>The two sites below sell inner tubes.<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> HREF=" TARGET="_new"> Luck!<br><br>Don Leffingwell<br><A HREF="mailto:dleffingwell@snet.net">dleffingwell@snet.net</A><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back