Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aircraft Type 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguelp

Aerospace
May 25, 2007
US
Hello , I saw that someone named taylor mentioned that airplane F-15 uses JO-BOLTS fasteners. Can anybody confirm this information with actual documentation, or does anybody knows in what other aircrafts are used. Please advise.

Miguel.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you for your answer rb1957. I do research for every part number in terms of material type, and aircraft type. Since I need to have supporting information I would like to know about an IPC (Illustrated Parts Catalog) or any other web site that can state that part number: 3D0212N08-4 is actually used in a determined aircraft such as the F-15 in this case. The description of this part is: Jo-Bolt. The alterante part numbers are: BL5470-5-4 Bristol part number, PLT5470-05-04 Monogram part number, BL5470-54 Hi-Shear part number. Any suggestion will be very much appreciated since doing this type of research sometimes we go through so many web sites and sometimes I am not able to obtain supporting information. Thank you in advance for your help.

Miguel.

miguelp

Jo-Bolts are in F-15 acft structural repair tech orders [T.O.s]... or at least they were when I was a field engineer working on them.

The flush-shear head Visulock II Titaniun 5/32-Dia X 0.125"-grip JB you specified is loaded under NSN 5320-01-279-3379 in IHS Haystack. It is NOT delegated to any aircraft series.

There MIGHT be an application for the PLT5471 [1/64" OS]...however, the size noted [5/32"-Nominal Dia] appears to be "too small" relative to most JBs that might be used on the -15... although it could possibley used for field fastening... thru thin structure.

Regards, Wil Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back