Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AISC Steel Shape Lookup Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey7320

Structural
Jun 23, 2006
I am trying to find a program that AISC used to have for download on there website. It was an actual program, not the excell files that are available now, that let you select the steel manual version and then the shape type and it would show all the properties for the shape. It even had the historic shapes. I believe it was a zip file.

Does anyone know where to get it now?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I guess you are refering to "AISC Search Utility". That program is included in the CD that comes with the manual. I tried for the program on their website. But, excel sheet is what they made available online. You might want to call AISC and check with them to see if there is any other way you could download that specific shape search utility program. Good Luck!

I have a copy one that was written by Alex Tomanovitch (sp?)and is available on the SEA of South Carolina website. He has a bunch of useful sheets posted there.

Dik

Dik,

I found my CD that came with the blue steel manual. The program that is on the CD was not what i was looking for. It requires you to actually type in the shape your interested in rather than using drop downs that have all the shapes.

It may be different with the new black manual. would you be able to post the program that came with the black manual CD?

Thanks,

Corey

The shapes lookup program used to be a free download from AISC, but now they charge $20 for non-members. They've also upgraded the program, but you have to get the historical database separately.

I tried to upload the zipped file, but it was too large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back