Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Align Template Views (Creating a Template)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameistaken

Mechanical
Nov 27, 2014
MX
Hello guys, this is my first post :)

I am creating a Template(.drw) and im placing "Template views" in it, but i dont see where to click to aling the second Template view to the first one. for example the FRONT view with the TOP view, etc. In standard mode i will just use "projection" of the first view.

I checked the templates that come already bundled in the installation. If you use this templates your views will be aligned but when i open them directly ;as if i where to modify them, i can move the "template views" freely(not aligned). so i coulndt reverse engineer the method to do this.

i hope the question is clear.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
The views will be aligned automatically when you use template when creating a drawing. In the template you must defined General view and other than Projected

In drawing template mode you insert a template view. By default it will be general, in the view type you change it to projected and the select the parent view. You can change existing views by selecting them and on the RMB menu select properties.

It would make a lot more sense if you could pick an existing view and then on the RMB menu select insert projection view just like we do in normal drawing mode. Making sense is not one of the PTC user interface goals.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back