Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

All, I am working in AcadR14 (windo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qshake

Structural
Jul 12, 2000
US
All, I am working in AcadR14 (windows) and am having the following trouble.

I have set the precision for linear dimensions and angular measure to the highest possible and have also set the dimension annotation for the same. I have entered the angles, linear measure etc accordingly but when measuring the angular dimension acad only shows the angle to the nearest degree. The linear dimension is fine and is reported to the desired level of precision. What happened to the angular dimension? What do I need to do to correct this? For example, I enter the degree as 79.085193 and all acad reports is 79. I have checked the annotation and it is consistent with the linear measure precision.

I suppose I could start a new drawing with the appropriate setting and import my drawing as a block etc. But I would rather know how to correct this problem within the drawing I am currently working in.

Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the reply, Dand. The angular units are set to the highest precision. And when I enter and angle of 7 degrees and 30 minutes or 7.5 degrees the dimension text just reports 7 degrees. I'm baffled!

Make sure that the angular precision is set correctly in the dimension style that you are using. There are separate settings for linear and angular precision display.

cowski, I have checked that and checked it again after you wrote. To check this I chose Dimension, style, annotation, units and the style listed is decimal degrees and the precision is 5 or 6 decimal places.

Have I done something wrong? Checking in the wrong place? Nothing seems to work!

I ran into the same problem recently. I know this isn't a lot of help, but the only way I found to correct it was to do what you suggested: create a new drawing and insert the other into it as a block.

If you find a solution, be sure to post it here.

Good luck.

TRY UNCHECKING THE "ZERO SUPPRESSION" BOX, AND ALSO ALTER THE ROUNDING OFF BOX IN THE LINEAR AND ANGULAR DIMENSION BOX.

Thanks Lilley, I tried that and it didn't work! I guess it must be something that has to be done at the very beginning of the layout or else it can't be altered. I'm at lost for an explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back