Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Allam Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzzo

Electrical
May 3, 2020
NZ
I have an older Allam generator made in the UK that I would like some help with. Ideally someone who has worked with these in the factory. The one I have has wiring/parts missing from the electrics control box. A wiring diagram would be great to see what is missing and if I can source or create such. The engine runs great - after 10 years of sitting it started on the 3rd try. I am in New Zealand.
Thanks,
Graham.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Got any photos Graham?

Allam made little portable machines for construction sites, they were pretty basic with either capacitor-stabilised or self-excited AVR-type alternators. As a company they were a small operation, I don't expect they had many employees and not much chance of finding a 'stray' diagram on the loose. I would think we could work out what's missing if you could get some measurements with a multimeter to aid us deciphering the photos.

Well, Allam Marine are still in business:
So you could try them for help. you will need some details to give them. Serial number if there is one.

ana@allam.com is from the website.

Ten years is a long time in genset controls, it may be best just to replace the controls, rather than try to try and find components.

photos and rating would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back