Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allen Nut Vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weitl

Mechanical
Feb 18, 2005
US
I am trying to look for Allen Nut supplier. Need a series of different sizes either in metric or english dimensions.
If you know anyone makes this, could you please let me know. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks.

Not sure if there is anybody making the allen nuts with extended thread length. I will need at least double or tripple the length in the threaded portion.

Weitl,
I don't know of anyone making the internal hex drive nuts with extra long thread lengths. I think that you are going to have to get them made as specials and with the low quantities that you need, they are going to be pretty expensive.
Is there any way that you can use the standard thread length? It will save you a lot of cost. My guess would be that the special nuts are going to cost at least 10 times what the regular ones would cost.

Dick

I had my buddy try to get an RFQ his normal suppliers for the Allen nuts you require. He sent three RFQ's and got back 3 "No Quotes".

If I may ask, why the need for such a thick nut?
What strength level materials do you need?

The material options: cl 8.8 steel zinc plated and 18-8 or 316 SS

The nut gives us an option as a nut for tie-rods also provide internal threads for external pieces to bolted onto.

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back