Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allen_Bradley 1784-PCMK and AB 6200 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfromnc

Electrical
Jul 16, 2003
US
I'm using some antiquated 6200 software with a KT card and win95..works great..BUT...trying to get a 1784-PCMK card and 6200 in win95 working on a laptop...windows loads the driver fine but the 6200 software halts with a "can not change communication state when I try to go 'who active'...thanks in advance for your help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Paul,

I have used this before and it can be done. However, it is slow!!
The way this is achieved is to install RSLinx Lite on your PC. Configure the driver in RSLinx to "see" the PCMK card. This can be tested by using the RSWho facility to view all active nodes. Once you have done this, you need to configure the AB6200 software. Depending on the version, (I can`t recall the version I used, I think it was 5.3...) you need to configure it to RSLinx.

This means that when the software trys to communicate it will use RSlinx.

SharpEnd

Actually, there is a better and faster way, but ONLY on Win95. It's AB's "Interchange" software. To my knowledge, it's no longer in support and you may not even be able to purchase it. But, it does run waaaay faster than Linx. Gives all the functionality of the KT card as well.

A little bit buggy, but so worth it for the speed.

Win98+ requires Linx.

Since we're on the subject of 6200's, I have both 6200 and RSLogix5 in my laptop. For some odd reason, I was able to change vibe setpoints on the BNC 2201 vibe card on a 1771 chassis but was unable to get into it using RSL-5. Maybe I just don't know how to get to it on RSL5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back