Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

allowable stress value for DIN standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazel1

Industrial
May 7, 2005
IR
there is a deffinition of maximum allowable stress in ASME SecII code which is changed by temperature. our design dept use the rules and formulas of ASME code for design of the pressure vessel. But now we have some limitation for purchase of ASME material and we want to purchase St37-2 and St52-3 istead of some ASME materials. But I haven't found the maximum allowable stress value for these metals which are based on DIN standards. Where can I find this value ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

fazel1;
What is it that you intend to do with the allowable stress? Are you fabricating a pressure vessel to Section VIII, Div 1 or using another construction standard???

yes we fabricate the vessel to sec VIII , Div1. But generally I want to know how to find the maximum allowable stress in different temperature for unassigned materials.

In this case, you can try to use Appendix I in Section II, Part D for technical guidance to calculate allowable stress. Since the materials you referenced are not specifically endorsed by ASME Section II, you are not permitted to use them if you intend to stamp this vessel.

Have you looked at using other pressure vessel codes that endorse these materials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back