Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative Motorcycle Front Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeV2

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2005
CA
I am working on an RZ 350 project using an alternative front end/frame design. I have researched all the current designs (as well as old ones) for awhile now, and had the pleasure of meeting James Parker, and John Britten before he died. My question is; is there any relavent engineering information out there regarding effective rake, trail, wheelbase, swingarm length, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume that you have also read Tony Foale's book on motorcycle engineering - not that it really has any definitive answers to your questions.

Sadly, I think the most information you are ever going to get is along the lines of "this is what 'X' has tried and it appears to work without making the bike unrideable".

For an alternative take on powered two wheelers, have a look at this site. Just remember to leave any preconceptions or blinkers at the door!

I hope you find the links interesting and have the patience to read them through - before screaming heresy.

Regards,
ZR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back