Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative of drive dogs to push the chain in overhead conveyor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilogistics

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2004
GB
Hi All

i want to replace whole system to push my sprocket chain drive in conveyor belt.

we are using drive dogs to push the chain of overhead conveyor system.i want to replace with new system which is bit cheaper.
one system i know that is cam follower but it is also expensive
can anybody give me ideas about that.

weight to pull 2500 N
SPEED 10 TO 15 METER/MIN
WEIGHT TO LIFT: 100 to 400 kg

Thanks

shil26774

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You didn't get any useful replies to your previous post because your question is unclear, as evidenced by the questions asked by those who did reply.

Reposting the same limited data is unlikely to get you anything further.

If nothing else, how about a link to the expensive cam follower system, so we can at least see one possibility.

Hi

what date you want apart from these?

My question is clear :

i want a system instead of drive dog or cam follower to push the chain of conveyor

max pull 2500 N
WEIGHT TO LIFT:100 TO 400 KG
SPEED 15 APPRX 15 MIT/MIN

shil26774

Hi cilogistics,

I also read your previous post and I agree with others that the info is very vague. From your description, I envision an overhead using say X-358, X-458 or X-678 chain. If this is the case, and you are talking about something to pull the chain (you never push chain) why aren't you using a standard Caterpiller drive or "Cat" drive where one sprocket is driven vertically from the reducer and a roller chain with the proper dogs goes around an idler. The dogs engage in every second pitch of the chain.

haggis,

i mentioned in my previous posts that we are using chain sprocket drive and caterpillar drive.But caterpillar drive is very robust and expensive.i am looking for any other ideas to pull the chain.if any ideas in your mind please let me know as early as possible.

shil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back