alternative to PVC coating plastisol

Status
Not open for further replies.

gao7857

Mechanical
Aug 16, 2010
US
Hi there,

I am looking for an alternative plastisol to replace current PVC for coating the galvanized pipes. The pipes will go underground so the coating need to withstand soil chemical errosion, should have certain toughness to withstand impact in transpotation and handling, and need to have good adhesion to galvanized pipes.

I know there are powder materials, but I need plastiso for existing line.

Thanks,
Gao

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the on-site methods. But I want to apply the coating in-house. We have a dip-coating line that coats PVC right now, and want to find a non-halogen material. I heard thermoplastic can be good coating, but did not find a plastisol form.... does anyone know if there is any supplier of plastisol thermoplastic?

It is very difficult to have a similar system for polyolefins as they are such a pain in the butt to get into solution.

There are polyolefins used in this type of application, look for Flame Spray of polyolefins, it is used on pipes all the time.

It basically take a polyolefin powder and conveys it through a nozzle, the powder passes through a flame that melts the powder. The powder hits the surface and re-solidifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back