Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aluminum Casting Simulation Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

customcastings

Mechanical
Jul 14, 2003
CA
hello there.

Does anybody know of resources on casting simulation on the web? I am interested in aluminum castings simulators, but I don't know where to find references/articles about programs that are available out there.

eschein

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Eschein,

Also this one:

EKK, Inc.
Metal Casting Process Simulation Software and Consulting

100 N. Pond Dr.
Suite A
Walled Lake, MI 48390
Phone 248.624.9957
Fax 248.624.7158
Email: ekk@ekkinc.com

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Of all these companies, I havent seen one that will consider the influence of dycotes on the molds. I wonder if I missed something or whether insulation caused by these coatings have not been developed yet for casting simulators.

eSchein

To customcastings,

The insulation effect of the die coating is very difficult to evaluate as it is dependent on many factors, such as coating chemistry, application procedure, die geometry, temperature, etc. It is therefore very difficult to set up a database for general use in the casting software. The technique currently used, I think, is to experimentally determine the interfacial heat tranfer coeff. for individual cases, and implement these into the code. Some coating manufacturers also supply these heat transfer data, but use with care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back