Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Am i even close

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleanCutKid

Mechanical
Dec 26, 2007
US
IM cutting 3/16 crs nitro with a mazak 2500 x510. The best cut i could get is running at F48 need to run at F100 is it possible

THANKS

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Need more information, such as power, duty, freq, focal point etc... We do it all day long.
What type of industries or what are you manufacturing?
Have you consulted Mazak?
When was your last refurbishment or mirror cleaning?
How old is your lens?
Do you have more than one machine?
If so, is it the same on both or all machines?
If it cuts, better on one than the other try the cut condition from the better of the two.
Are you using Nitrogen or Oxygen?
Do you and manual torch or auto focus?
What is your gas pressure?

MY CUT CONDITIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS
G82P2500Q5OOR100
G88P7M8
G87P30
M32
M22
M20
G04X1.5
G87P10
G82P2500Q500R100F45
M54

We are cutting brkts for tractors. mazak help got me were im at now but i need to cut faster to make our deadline. my lens is three months old and im cutting with nitrogen. i have auto focus, my high pressure is at 1.4 MPa

It's going to be tough with Nitrogen, I'm assuming because you either don't have oxygen or you don't have the means to remove the oxidation prior to coating. Nitrogen will give you a nice edge but slower inches per minute rates. Oxygen will give as good of a edge if not better but you have to remove the oxidation or coatings will not adhere very well. In turn you can cut faster or more inches per minute. How old is your laser or lasers. Are you positive your getting full power at the torch. F45 seams a bit low for a 2.5K machine. Mazak should have left you with a set of proven cutting conditions. Who have you worked with there?

THE LASER IS A 04 MODEL, I NEED TO CUT WITH NITROGEN FOR POWDER COATING. I HAVE BEEN TALKING WITH A GARRET FROM MAZAK HE DOES NOT RECOMEND UPING THE FEED RATE. IM JUST HOPEING FOR A TRICK TO GET ME CUTTING FASTER.

THANKS FOR THE QUICK ANSWERS 2571

What about my other questions, do you have a proven set of cutting condition and do you have full power at the torch. What happens when you go faster? Do you get dross on the bottom side of part all the way around or just some edges? Does the beam skip on the top? It's a long shot but try taking you focal point deeper into the material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back