Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Am I the only one who misses the V8i version? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

All of it. Miss the old tool bars, editor, icons, interface......you name it.

Fortunately, I think I have (at least) found a way to get the old-school editor to come up.

Yes the editor is still popular so we kept it (even though that made a few things difficult). The advanced editor went through some enhancements like syntax checking that I quite like.

WARose, I'm guessing you don't use the physical modeler. That seems to be the Connect Edition's claim to fame. I don't use it myself so while I wouldn't say I can't stand CE, I would say that I haven't seen any productivity gains. I did have a drop in productivity when I first started learning it because everything was in a different place. I'm pretty sure I'll never exceed the speed I could get around the GUI in the old version. Not sure I'll ever even totally match it.

I like the new editor fine though. It's been so long since I used the older one I don't really remember it. I've been using CE pretty much since it came out.

Getting back to the physical modeler. I took a look at it quite a while back. I thought they would take this opportunity to no longer have physical members and analytical members. I used a program years ago that allowed you to think of members as their physical representation but behind the scenes it knew how to break it up for analysis. To me, the fact that you have to segregate the two even in the way you load them is just ridiculous. Maybe one day I'll try it again but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back