Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amada 3015 problems with 1/4" stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougthewelder

Mechanical
Nov 17, 2018
US
Hi every one!

Hopefully someone here can help me. We are having trouble cutting a 1/4" stainless job on our FO 3015 NT. This is the first time we tried this material. Before we started cutting the parts I did some test parts at the far end of the sheet. First parts came out Perfect! When we try and run the job it keep loosing the cut in random spots! These a pretty big parts and it is getting very frustrating! Even at 50% feed rate it looses cut in random spots. It seams like it gets worse the farther from the resonator. We are running a brand new 7.5" lens. 4.0 mm nozzle. We thought this might be an alignment issue and checked nozzle centering at 6 different spots on the table. Spot didn't move. The only thing we can think of is that the Laser mode is changing at the different spots on the table. We haven't had this problem with any other material even 3/4 HR. Any thoughts? I hate to call Amada if this is a simple problem that we are overlooking. Attached is picture of the test cut.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c0c95453-1cb0-418b-840a-aefc4c83f543&file=IMG_20181117_114316917.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

IMG-1c65e5d20b107364c2d8fa18027c90be-V_mol5qr.jpg

Those are my parameters and it is cuttink ok, dross free. But units are metric.

Maybe try running a fine data on the Cutting parameter you are using.
As the cutting sometimes works, but not all the way.

You can also try playing with the edge and appr data.

in my opinion your gas pressure is too low. i use 1.2 for 1/4 ss but that should not be too much of an issue. why are you using 3500watts for cutting is your resonator not 4000watts if so up your power to 4000 and your speed to 55 or 60

It's not how the part has been drawn ???
I had a customer supply a dxf drawing with an issue like that. All vertical cuts were not there . I had to redo the cutting technology on it with my own software.
Just a thought.

If you ask me to do something, I will do it. There's no need to nag me every 6 months

Thanks for all the feed back. We got the problem figured out. We did a mode burn test and found that one of the output mirrors in the resonator had a burn on it. Cleaned all the optics and realigned. Runs better now than it ever did before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back