Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amada Chiller flush procedure 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

b20vtechb

Industrial
Dec 2, 2013
US
does anyone know the exact steps to take to do a flush on an old fo3015 with an orion chiller. i already have the citronix acid based cleaner. i just need to know how much to use and what steps to take.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Amada Laser Water System Descaling Procedure

The following items are needed for flushing the cooling system on your Fanuc Laser. This should only be done if absolutly nessessary. Citranox is a mild acid that disolves copper and aluminum as well as the mineral deposits that are clogging the cooling system. DAMAGE will be done to your laser if used too long or too often. Use the Hydrogen Perioxide Procedure for routine maintenance.

Description Part Number Price
(subject to change )

Isogard (corrosion inhibitor ) 71679859 $59.00
CITRANOX 1 GALLON ( Flushing compound ) 81140273 $79.00
Soda Ash 25 pounds ( neutralizes the Citranox for disposal ) 81140274 $40.00
Chiller Water Filter 71121999 $20.00

In addition to these parts you will also need 60 Gallons of DISTILLED water (to refill the chiller once the flushing is complete ). And two empty 55 gallon drums to neutralize and dispose of the neutralized flushing solution .

The actual flushing process involves adding one gallon of Citranox ( a mild citric acid ) to the water system and running the machine for 24 to 48 hours. Once this is done the Citranox/ Water solution is drained into the 55 Gallon drums and neutralized with 3 pounds of the Soda Ash ( it is now sewer safe ).
Clean water is then added to the system and then flushed out again until the residual Citranox is effectively gone ( approx 3 cycles of filling & draining ).This repeated flushing can be done with “city” water ( the minerals do not have time to come out of solution ) however it is best to use Distilled water (approx 180 additional gallons) for this also.
The 60 gallons of distilled water and one gallon of Isogard corrosion inhibitor are then added to the chiller. The procedure is now finished.

P.S. Do NOT use Deionized water instead of distilled water. Deionized water is ion starved and will strip ions from the metal components in the laser. This will cause severe corrosion.

sorry to butt in guys but i also have the same Laser and i was wondering when do you know you have to drain your chiller? or when do you know to add anything to the water in chiller? thanks alot guys!!

When the water Quality looks poor, on the periodic maintence it says every two months or when the water Quality looks poor. as far as additives like a corrosion inhibitor it should marked on the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back