kltex

Industrial
Dec 12, 2005
IL
Can anyone help me solve the pazzle, Edge and Approach data
When does each come into action?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Fine edge control is for high speed machining of thin materials (up to 10 GA or .135")with Nitrogen Assist Gas. Laser power is modulated according to acceleration/deceleration. Where acceleration power ramps up, deceleration power ramps down. In a nutshell it is to eliminate leaving burrs on corners or where a straight leadin meets the contour by reducing the power according to feedrate.

Approach Data is to slow down after the pierce and stabilize the cut.
Edge Data is used to pulse on corners specially while cutting thick plates with large diameter nozzles. This prevents the burning on corners by using low power, frequency and duty, as well as low speed.

Both Approach and Edge Data are mainly used in thicker materials.

Hope this helps

well said,
fine edge is tricky to work out as it did not seem to be much information in the manuals.
The setting are in the fine edge data page
push custom button
then left arrow soft button
then parameter
then page down (seems like amada wanted to hide it)

you can use 901 to 910
Turn it on in the the cutting data page under pulse type column. (you can select from 901 to 910)

when you are cutting you can see that the power, freq & duty are changing when contouring.

@laserkatana

I have a part that makes almost a 180* turn (picture the outline of a U)and always leaves my operator grinding out the burrs. you can see a definite hot spot on each corner. we are cutting 1/2" mild steel with the following condition: 38IPM, 3000w, 700hz, 75%duty. GP 0.07 oxygen. using 1.4 double nozzle.
what would you say would be a good edge data to try, I can get anything to work out for me.

Your heat issue can be many things so at this time more info would help. If your focus is off you can have this issue. If you run too slow for your cut conditions and heat up a larger surface area you will see this problem. What is the inside dimension of the U? All the 1/2 we cut is with 3800 power, 95% duty and 100 freq with a feed of 45-50 and a focus of -.079. But these lasers are 15 years old and things have changed in time so it may not even come close on the newer lasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back