Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amada f04020nt B axis calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeaneSino

Mechanical
Jun 22, 2023
ZA
Good morning from South Africa
Long story short I've had some 364/369 fanuc alarms on my f04020 nt laser machine .

Got advise to replace b axis encoder and cable those were not the issues I've driven 16 hours straight to Fanuc to get a Amp 3 ( b axis z axis) card. Amada guys are very reluctant to assist and I have alot of back log at work .

Does anyone know the procedure of calibration of b and z axis after replacing card , I am really desperate, Amada refuses to disclose the procedure over then phone they can only assist me in 7 working days .please can someone help me ,thank you so much in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can try to help.

I'm not sure what you mean though. Every time I've replaced a servo amp, it's been plug and play. Yes, the b axis need to be referenced,

But z should work okay.

Hard to do with out pictures, but I'll try

On the NT, below the lense cartridge, on the cutting head, there is a machines aluminum plate

Below that plate is an opening that gets bigger and smaller depending on where the focus is at.

That gap has to be 3/4" . Used the hand wheel to move B to that position.

Then change parameter 1815 " APZ " to a 1 only for the B axis.

IMG_20230622_103933_l9ccmm.jpg
IMG_20230622_103933_l9ccmm.jpg

Thank you so much for this info ,I understand everything clearly ,would you be able to educate me on how to open the parameters menu?

Hi there ,okay long story short it seems that my b axis is jammed

There is literally no gap between the two points that you mentioned above

I'm going b axis abnormal current alarm
And interloc b

Any suggestions?

The set screw / bolt is really just a cap.

Pull the cap and you'll see a place for a flat head screwdriver. Put the machine in E-STOP and turn the "screw" I'll u get a gap where the double pictures indicate. You don't have to manually drive it all the way, just till it gets unstuck.

Double check your focus position call out on your cutting page. Make sure it's is not a large value. It should be close to zero.

Hi there ,
I've tried this ,I turned either way but you don't physically see any gap on the lense
I managed to bring it down from 21.00 b axis value all the way to 20 .00 and the screw stops moving and screw driver starts to slip , it looks like it's literally locked no physical movement at all

Hi ,so I unlocked it. By removing the bottom plate where cone screws on .
Managed to set parameters ,my machine worked well for 3 hrs but now I'm getting z axis alarm
Bare in mind before it was b axis I've changed the encoder cable and Amp 3 card drives b and z
Axis .

I'm not sure what to do now

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6114fcf1-e9dd-4663-b087-97e9bd9d0812&file=IMG-20230624-WA0005.jpeg
You're not going to like it, and I'm sorry to say. I think that alarm is usually caused by a broken cable that runs from the encoder back to the servo amp.

It could be the z encoder, but I don't come across that very often. Could be the amp, but you already replaced it.

I suppose you could try to reset the encoder cable where it plugs into the amp. But, if it ran for that long without causing a problem, it's a long shot.

Good morning
Thank you once again for your help
I was thinking to swap cables from b to z but it's too short just to eliminate the cable issue but I think I will have to order another cable from fanuc and try

Kind regards
Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back