Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

amada fo 3015 laser lense contamination

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon3015

Industrial
Dec 12, 2016
GB
5 months ago we purchased a amada fo 3015 and its been hell there was dust on the lense the first day it was ran the technician said to keep a eye on it but after a week it was getting worse so they were called back out they said it was fine then a week later the dust was back its clearly metallic as it reflects so amada came back out cleaned it again then 3 weeks past all fine then dust was once again present we persisted as we had taken on orders then the lens blow the were back out to clean then two days later the lens blow again and back out they came then 3 weeks the laser was cutting effortlessly 12s/s 15mm m/s then the dust was back only a little so we said we would keep a eye on it the next day the lens blow they arte coming out tomorrow to replace the bellows but admitted they weren't shore were the dust was coming from does any one on here have any pointers to help resolve the issue really losing the will with this machine

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can have several issues that will cause this problem so you might have to start at the easiest thing to check. Is the beam purge unit working properly? Is it set right? Make sure the filters are clean and doing their job. You will have to look over the bellows and make sure they are good because any tears or holes will let dust in. If they came loose from the mounts dust will get in. Do you run a bellows flush program that will clean the beam path. These are easy to check but should be done every time the mirrors are cleaned. As far as the lens if you have a pre-focusing issue this will blow the lenses so I would do a quick mode burn just to check. I had this problem and trashed a pile of nozzles it would cut fine for a day than I would trash 2 nozzles in the next 10 parts.

thank you every one for your reply I have spoken the engineer he assure me it is all sorted they are keeping there cards close to there chest suspect they don't want to tell us why it happened in case it comes back and they were wrong .only time will tell

@ jjl1210 - What is this "Bellows flush program" you mentioned? I used shop air and a blow gun to clean ours out last time we smoked a lens. I'm not sure if it was the best way but it did clear out some smoke and dust. Also has anyone ever changed the filter inside the collimator box? I have thought about it but never taken it out and checked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back