Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amada LS 1212 a3 alarm 4076? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambynas

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2012
CA
It started this morning out of the blue. I could not to start the machine always getting alarm 4076: Laser power down. when I looked at diagnostic page when starting power goes up to 600 at stage 27 then alarm and power goes down. Any ideas what can cause this problem.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello, I suffered with the same alarm, in our case there was one source of power was damaged.
Technicians removed and replaced the circuitry and power diodes.(Resonator)
You must call AMADA technician.
I hope it will answer.
Luck!

That was my second guess. Firs was bad contact because before that happened X axis was over-traveled hard to "+" and it was hard to bring it back.

Alarm 4076 on Fanuc resonators means that the power measured by the power sensor is way below the actual power commanded (that max power decrease value varies depending on the resonator power; could go from 500 to 1000W).
The problem could be as simple as a bad power sensor. You can measure the resistance of the sensor; should be around 250 Ohms.
It could also be a bad laser gas (maybe try a new bottle, making sure the specs are correct for the type of resonator you have; they are not all the same).
Could be an internal leak. Do an internal leak test. Do also an external leak check.
Or the optics could be dirty or misaligned (mode issue). How many hours do you have since last optics replacement?
Usually, if a power sypply or matching box is bad, you would get a 4063 alarm.

How about when I look at laser diagnostic #909 it shows me RF voltage_1 14-19, voltage_2 14-19. Laser on RF voltage_1 goes up to 3700 but RF 2 stays at 14-19.
Strange.

What type of resonator do you have? Do you have just 2 power supplies?
Can you check if the power LED is on for PSU2 (on the PS Unit itself)?
Not sure how that would change by itself, but maybe check param 15027 bit 1, make sure it's on 1.
If the power supply was the cause, that should usually give alarm 4063. Did you get that alarm at all?

I have 2 PSU's. They both getting power (LED on both is led). The very first alarm that I got was 4063 and after what I'm getting is always 4076. I changed O2 tank, no difference.
Chiller temp. 78 watter pressure 55. O2 pressure around 40.

Verify that none of the breakers by the main resonator disconnect switch are tripped. Also check that you have 220V at the contactor for PSU2 (I think this will only happen once you reach sequence 20). If you don't feel comfortable with this, it may be best to schedule a service engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back