Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

amada turbo run time,and chiller temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicknick

Industrial
May 1, 2014
US
we had are turbo replaced about a year ago or so by fanuc i failed to log the hours off of the machine i was wondering if the run time in the system menu is the correct time to judge for oil life and etc. also what is the temperature ranges for the chiller im assuming if it gets to hot i will get a alarm. Is there a max temp i don't want to run? the machine is a amada 2415 a ii 2000 kw the chiller is a koolant koolers c class. thanks for this great site and all the info.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

chiller temp should be 25°c or 77°f if the resonator is a Fanuc C2000. I forget the tolerance, I will look it up next week and post it. Our C2000 has roots blowers, so not exactly sure, but I should have the manual for yours at work. we purchased the Fanuc Idocs from GEFanuc which has most of them. In the winter we keep our chiller reservoir heated to 70 degrees when laser is not running because the resonators do not like cold chiller fluid.

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

You usually set the temperature on the chiller. is it set for 77, but can't get cooler than 85? If it can't get cooler, then you probably need a freon charge. it is possible someone set it higher than recommended on purpose. not familiar with koolant kooler, but if you have the manual for it, it should tell you how to set it. If not, get the part number off the temperature controller and download the manual for it. alot use eurotherm controllers which are readily available online.

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back