Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AMP harness connector availability 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean142

Automotive
Feb 22, 2004
US
I'm looking for several styles of connectors made by amp connector for ford vehicles. If anyone knows where I could purchase them on an individual bases, it would be a big help! Just so you know what im talking about, they include the following:

FORD 104 PIN POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE FEMALE
(ford p/n: F5SB - 14A464 - AA (260 8H11B0 6)

FORD 16 pin C-120 Engine harness connector female
(only numbers 12b637)

ford 42 pin engine harness connector male

Does AMP have any connector catalogs or anything of the sort?

-Sean

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes AMP does have cataloges. They are sometimes hard to find unless your a manufacturer. But depending on where you live, some of the "really popular" connector types can be found in the E-sonic and Newark electronics cataloges. If not there some electronic suppliers can order them for you. (but you do need the AMP part#)

The big thing to remember that you will have to order the pins/sockets to go with your connector (they're not usually included, plus they use several special types of crimpers for these pins. There are aftermarket ones available, but do not work anywhere near the OEM crimpers.

Sean,

AMP usually put their part no. on the connector.
You may need a magnifying glass to read it though.

Try Farnell or RS if you have them in your area.
A Google search with the AMP part no. may be worth a try.

Brendan

newark carries amp automotive connectoer as do many dealerships but the cost is astronomical from a dealership
I did a rewired a fire damaged chevy suburban a year ago and had to get stuff from the wrecking yard because the entire harness was less than one plug.
so be forewarned.

Many of the connectors Ford uses are proprietary designs and are not available without authorization from Ford. In the past, this has not always been an easy road. This may be changing though as Globe Component Products has become an exclusive distributor of connector components and terminals for Ford. I have not had the opportunity to work with them yet, so I can not comment on any difficulties you may have aquiring parts from them at this time. If you purchase components from them, please let us know how it goes.

You may find Globe Component Products on the web at or e-mail them at sales@globecomponentproducts.com.

Thanks alot for recommending gcp. They are just what i was looking for, and have decent pricing. They seem to carry all ford connectors.

-Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back