Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An Antenna Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirok

Electrical
Jun 27, 2001
CA
Hi all

I wanna design an antenna with this specifications.

Bandwidth:1-4GHz
Beamwidth azimuth:40 Deg.
Beamwidth elavation:20 Deg.
Polarization: circulary
Maximum power: 300
Structure: Planar

Please help me if you get any idea

Tanx in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi sowmya99336

I appriciate your idea. I myself think the same. The only problem is the maximum power . Do you know any subtrate to handle 300w of power.

Regards

Hi mirok

As far as I know, 300W is a huge power which cannot be handled by microstrip antenna substrates.....

I suggest you call any manufacturer like Rogers corporation and find out if at all any substrates exist..

Regards n best wishes

I think it would be impossible to have a 300 W output for a bandwidth of 1-4Ghz, you migth get radiated during your testing......

Hi yan75,

There is no need to test the antenna with 300W of input power. for testing I apply much less power:)

Tanx for your attention

OOps missed the part about need to be planar. Is it 300W cw or pulsed? Makes a diiferece. There are materials (ie ceramically loaded teflon from Rogers Corp and others). Teflon can handle the temperatures from the power but the copper trace may not. Ask Rogers Corp about thicker copper clad (i.e. typical 1oz copper, try 2 to 5 oz copper). The problems with frequency indendant antennas can be the matching balun (except for some patches, then it's the feed point). The trick is to get the heat out. If you have the deepth you can try loaded cross dipoles in a cavity. The dipoles can be designed to handle high power levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back