Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An error occurred while starting the solver module Ansys problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsram90

Mechanical
Jun 6, 2010
IN
Hello Everyone,

I am using Ansys 18 on my PC and I was trying to rerun a simulation I had already solved. And I am getting the error "an error occurred while starting the solver module"
I tried everything I could but it is not running on my PC.

I completely reinstalled ANSYS (Deleted every file by going in safe mode) still the error is there. I can't even run a simple problem such as a rectangular beam with an axial load.
I have around 40Gb space in C and 80 Gb in D drive (where files are saved).
I checked Virtual memory settings and they were as before, around 10Gb allotted.

I can run the same problem in another PC.

Ansys_Error_hs07ko.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

After searching online, it seems one of the following causes of error and possible solution but I am not sure. And yes this might be the error due to solver file issues which might be modified after system/version upgrade or corruption -

- For student version, node count greater than allowed might cause this error.
- Search help documentation -Mechanical Application => Mechanical User's guide => Troubleshooting => Problem Situation. There is description about this problem. Check that.
- Make sure you have all the file names and folder names in English/as per naming rules
-Check out the solve.out file in solver directory (RMB click on the Solutions and open solver files directly) for any possible errors
-Formatting the installation drive and Ansys reinstallation (Which you already did, I guess)
-Renaming the C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Ansys vXX file to vXX.old
-check the name references for the loads and boundary conditions, named selection sets, sets which may be modified when you converted from previous version
-Start MAPDL. If you get any error wrt "libifcoremd.dll", then rename the the same file in c:\Windows\System32 and c:\Windows\SysWOW64 with .old extension. try running MAPDL and then mechanical.
- Go to Tools => Solve process settings=>Advanced=>tick off the distributed solver and GPU acceleration to None and then run the analysis
- Are you saving your project to a network drive or OneDrive folder? Try saving on local drive and then run.

If you still get the error, you may need to contact Ansys local support.

- For student version, node count greater than allowed might cause this error.
Not the student version. and this is a file I have already solved in this PC.
- Search help documentation -Mechanical Application => Mechanical User's guide => Troubleshooting => Problem Situation. There is description about this problem. Check that.

Checked all that
- Make sure you have all the file names and folder names in English/as per naming rules
Yup
-Check out the solve.out file in solver directory (RMB click on the Solutions and open solver files directly) for any possible errors

solve.out is not generated
-Formatting the installation drive and Ansys reinstallation (Which you already did, I guess)
-Renaming the C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Ansys vXX file to vXX.old
Compeltely reinstalled. And had deleted the folder in %appdata%
-check the name references for the loads and boundary conditions, named selection sets, sets which may be modified when you converted from previous version
Simulation has already been once and worked perfectly.
-Start MAPDL. If you get any error wrt "libifcoremd.dll", then rename the the same file in c:\Windows\System32 and c:\Windows\SysWOW64 with .old extension. try running MAPDL and then mechanical.

no error
- Go to Tools => Solve process settings=>Advanced=>tick off the distributed solver and GPU acceleration to None and then run the analysis

No change- Are you saving your project to a network drive or OneDrive folder? Try saving on local drive and then run.

Local Drive
If you still get the error, you may need to contact Ansys local support.

tsram90 said:
Compeltely reinstalled. And had deleted the folder in %appdata%

-Did you format the installation drive or do complete reinstall of windows OS?
-If the MAPDL is starting without any issue then try and run a simple problem in MAPDL first and then try another problem in Workbench. If MAPDL is working without any error then why there is "solver" error? It should work without any error cause Mechanical uses same MAPDL solver.
-Check if there is any license issue.

If nothing is working, you need to connect with Ansys support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back