Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Analog data storage/display on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drainpipe

Mechanical
Mar 16, 2005
US
I am trying to capture hr counter data (run time / idle time)from an analog device, and display it on a PC running windows. I have built the analog device and it works well. Daily the information is recorded, and filed. THe trick now is how do I send that data to a PC and what program do I use to save and display it on the PC?, or data network.

NEED HELP !!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A frequent method of recording data on-the-bench is to save it as a file in CSV (comma seperated value) format or just as ASCII numbers with spaces inbetween. These can then be loaded into Microsoft Excel or a similar program. You can also use windows programs such as Terminal or similar serial-data-capture programs to create the file of numbers to then load into Excel.

If this does not answer your question, then please post additional information about what you are trying to do and how your information is being stored or recorded.

Do you have access to a program like LabVIEW, HP VEE, or MatLab? Those programs would be great to take in data and display it in all kinds of formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back