Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Scaling Issues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXASDNA

Computer
Sep 3, 2010
US
I have this situation:

I have a seametrics ex215b flow meter with a seametrics ft420 totalizer with 4-20ma output.

I have interfaced this with a red lion signal conditioner to change the 4-20ma to 0-20ma.

I then have it wired into a Netbiter EC220 analog input which I set the dip switches for 0-20ma.

Now for the hard part, what vaules do I set for scaling?

where 0.00ma = 0 gallons per minute

and 20.00ma = 1400 gallons per minute

my question is what would my scaling and offset be?

min. flow in this 14" pipe is 134gpm, this is the rate at which the influent water begins to be measured... and the maximum is 1,400 gpm.

but I just cant seem to figure it out...here are some pictures of what I have going on.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

no it was word 2007....I shan't be using that in the future to translate..but anyway
Vi ses

I shall be starting a thread on how the recession is affecting engineering...mayby you like to pass some comments?

I dont seem to be getting similar values from my flow meter scaling thru my website:

If someone doesnt mind taking a look I have it online @
Login: KaufmanWWTP
username: maverick30

go to the configure device tab
then under Active Devices - look at the configuration tab, click on it

then click on visualization & logging tab click on it, then click on EDIT for the 0-20ma signal

What should the scaling be?? Offset??

I have it set at 2500gpm

134gpm is the minimum flow in the 14" pipe, I have it setup in the redlion signal conditioner as well 2500gpm hi setting.

Attached is a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back