Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analysis error

Status
Not open for further replies.

neema1984

Marine/Ocean
Jan 29, 2010
US
hey guys,

I am trying to learn through the examples in FEMAP tutorial. while running anlaysis, I get this error.

" ... filename.nas: option file 'filename.ini' not found, using 'nastran.ini' ... "

any help ?? ...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In tutorial, there is an example of bracket buckling analysis. I am trying that one to learn the basics of this software. After creating the model in accordance with the steps given in tutorial, I am analysing it by giving stepwise procedure in the tutorial file. I am attaching the image of what I am getting...

Thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ea368671-1764-4c04-a42a-e7265af1794b&file=BracketAnalysis.JPG
I am very sorry, I run FEMAP & NX NASTRAN and I can not repeat the problem, seems to be something internal related with the installation of FEMAP & NEiNastran. In my installation of FEMAP & NX NASTRAN the file "nastran.ini" is located under <FEMAP_dir>\nastran\nxn7\em64tntl and constains the solver version used, please check your instalation.
Best regards,
Blas.

Hey, finally I was able to run. Actually it was stupidity of me. I should press F5 (or Analyse>run) after getting in NEi window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back