Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analysis Model Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shino10121012

Civil/Environmental
Jun 29, 2016
IN
During analysis, the creation of the analysis model is taking about 3 to 4 hours. Is there any option for me to retain this analysis model for the futher analysis so that i can save the time taken on creating the model again?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Unfortunately not. But why so long? Do you use the Automatic Area Mesh option?

Jason McKee
proud R&D Manager of
Cross Section Analysis & Design
Software for the structural design of cross sections
Moment Curvature Analysis
Interaction Diagrams
Reifnorcement Design etc.

if you using automatic area mesh option, yes it will make more time to take an analysis consider how much your element. First of it, is your PC/laptop have recommended system requirement? Bigger RAM plus best graphic video card will make your analysis faster.
Second, if you sure you doesn't have a problem with your PC, make sure your model is right.
By the way, what model do you create?

@JasonMcKee71 - Yes I have given the automesh option. It takes time at step 22 - Area Elements. I figured it is because of automesh in area. Thankyou..

I suggest change your directory to a bigger driver. I use mine on a 100TB server and I can analyze bridges with fine meshing less than a min!
BTW, it has nothing to do with area meshing as long as you divide your elements/shells. Since meshing creates virtual nodes while dividing created real nodes which need to have output; meaning more computation time!

Shoot for the Moon, even if U miss, U still land among Stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back