Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anchor bolt calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rony_2012

Mechanical
May 30, 2022
AU
Hi All

I am doing Design calculation for vertical steel welded storage tank, for that I need to be use anchor bolt. so how to I calculate the load on each anchor? and how to determined, how many anchor bolt required for that? Any one have sample calculation for that?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The calculation is simple and straight forward and there are numerous examples on the web as well as sites that you can calculate the forces. First, you need the axial load +ve and or -ve and then you need the moment and shear.

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Rony, you posted your question in the WRONG forum

Post in the "Storage Tank Forum" .... You question has been asked and answered many, many times on eng-tips

API-650 contains an appendix with a methodology for sizing anchor bolts

Tell us more about the size/dimensions of your tank and if it is subject to wind or earthquake loadings ....

You will not get good answers if you do not bother to COMPLETELY give us the details ...

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back