Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

and sometimes I actually do like my job 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

HgTX

Civil/Environmental
Aug 3, 2004
US
It's a quarter to eleven at night, I have my fall protection harness and my hardhat, I'm about to get in the car and drive three hours, be back outside at 6 AM to witness a monumental erection and maybe climb up in it.

This is what it's about. For me, anyway.

Hg

Eng-Tips policies: faq731-376

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Then I left an unopened can of caffeinated beverage in my car, and the next day it exploded all over my dash, as I discovered when I went to go to work this morning. Gotta go clean that up now.

LOL. Did you happen to have a cigarette after this entire episode was over?

What Hg describes is the true joy of being an engineer. For me, if doesn't even have to be monumental. I really enjoy seeing the small ones too.

Projects that is. Small projects. Seeing the finished product. It's priceless.

>>What Hg describes is the true joy of being an engineer. For me, if doesn't even have to be monumental. I really enjoy seeing the small ones too.

Projects that is. Small projects. Seeing the finished product. It's priceless. <<

Yes, a line of HVAC units, valves & piping bent & assembled to my drawings. Stepping in to lead a line on a new product release was better. Helped to balance out the stress & '$10 a minute' speeches from production about line downtime.

Used to design valve & piping packages, so I got to ask another engineer to 'check out my package' with a straight face. That was priceless too.

Gosh, it only took HgTX 3 hours and it’s still up, and it was fun too, that’s real staying power. I think some of us need a pregnant pause on this one. But, not all of us, right Cass?

Bye the bye, clue us in Hg, what the hell was being installed (erected) 200' above the ground?

I've been trying to cut back, Ron. But since it's almost Friday right before a holiday weekend, I'll make an exception.

I find that the preliminary phase, if properly and diligently executed, makes the final erection stage somewhat anti-climactic.

"If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back