ANF File - ProE parts import

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdarwinaustralia

Mechanical
Mar 16, 2008
FR
hello,

I am trying to import a ProE assembly into ANSYS in order to do a modal analysis.
But I have an error message “File jobname.anf does not exist”, I have found this topic but it doesn't fix my problem...

I have also tryed to export my assembly from ProE but it doesn't work because ProE trys to launch Ansys Multiphysics in batch mode and I do not have a licence for ANSYS Multiphysics...

has someone already encounter this issue ? Thanks for your replies.

Tom (frenchy! sorry for my poor english ;)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not have experience with Pro/E. Can you save your model as a .step file and then import it into ANSYS?

It sounds like something is wrong with the Pro/E/ANSYS configuration. You could try contacting your local ANSYS rep, they can help with problems like this assuming your all paid up.

Hi,
curieux, ça ! The fact the plugin tries to launch Ansys with a non-existing license seems to indicate a problem with the installation. What you could do, before re-installing everything, is:
- with the Product Launcher, select "Ansys Workbench" as the Product and select the correct license from the drop-down list (for example, "Structural"), then you can close the Product Launcher. Try and see if it makes any difference from Pro/E.
- start Workbench, and without opening any project simply go to "Options" -> Licenses (or however it is called). With version 11, you have up to three "decremental" choices: the program will try to start with the first license specified, then revert to the second if the first isn't available, then revert to the third if none of the first two are available, then try to open in read-only mode (of course, if you launch from within Pro/E, the read-only mode is never available). Ensure that the choices there are coherent.
- ensure, with your Ansys reseller, that the license you have for the converter (the Pro/E - to - Ansys plugin) is up-to-date both with the Ansys version (may be a discrepancy between license and software if you just upgraded to the latest service pack) AND with the Pro/E version. Unfortunately it IS possible that you are using a Pro/E version which is not recognized by the plugin.

If none of these steps has any effect, try and re-install Ansys... and remember to check that all the registry entries related to Ansys (not its License manager - pay attention !) have been cleared out before re-installing.

Regards

did u check the proe connection when installing ANSYS, it generates a file in ANSYS directory which we have to copy in a proe directory, i couldnt remeber the full paths, see ANSYS help it has the full procedure to make that connection working, it will add a menu bar in proe, which directly send proe models in ANSYS with nearly no geometric errors.
Try it !!

I ve finally copyed the "proe1.bat" file in the ANSYS working directory (where the proE files have to be!!). It has fixed the problem !

Thanks for your answers!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back