Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Angles welded in TOWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubenpezu

Industrial
Jun 12, 2012
ES
Hi,

I´m new in the forum. I am new working with software TOWER of powerline. I have to design a small tower, the complete head is welded. I have seen that in the examples of TOWER, in the library of tower, there are a kind of angles SAW (single angle welded) but all of them are really big. Are there any table with dimension of this size? I'm from Spain and here we don't use inches, and I want to finde the dimensional characteristics of this angles to configure the angles we use.
Thank you very much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I some crossing diagonals I have to place the next L angular. We will change the drawings. For me it is clear that for 2 bolts connection at leg it is clearly 2,5. For a 1 bolt connection at leg, could be 2,4? Or never?

The connection codes are tough to visualize and it depends on which segment of the angle is the one that controls the compression. Crossing diagonals are even harder. If you count on the tension member to brace the compression member, then the tension value must be greater than 20% of the compression load, so it is load case dependent.

Take a look at ASCE 10, Example 7 for a very good explanation of which code to use.

Because I have read this example, I have asked for the possibility of use 2,4. This example is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back