Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animate Section - Cutaway view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marke525

Mechanical
Apr 20, 2006
US
I am trying to animate a section view. I have read the other posts in the forum, and they didn't help me resolve the problem. I have created a separate part to make the cut and it does cut the assembly, however it doesn't animate the cut. Instead it completes the motion sequence and then, as a final step shows the section after the animation is done.

I have attached an example file. Any suggestions on how to show the section view over time?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3278d2b6-c0a6-4c68-bfb5-82f275f89f84&file=section_view_animation.zip
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the reply. That is what I did, an assembly level cut. The problem is that it cuts at the end of the motion instead of slowly cutting during the motion.

Marke525,

I don't know how you could show a smooth analog progression, but you could change the depth of cut parametrically at steps in time of your animation. Will that work for you?

- - -Updraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back