Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annotate raster images in Drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Befuddled

Aerospace
Jan 9, 2008
GB
Hi all,

I am creating a basic schematic drawing, in which i will use photographs of an installation as a record of the activity.

I have inserted the pictures into a NX drawing and wish to add simple annotation, notes and labels with leaders to key components in the pictures.

All this is fairly basic stuff and works fine.... but with 1 minor issue (I hope I am missing a setting)

The picture always seem to be on top of the NX annotation. Is there a setting or option somewhere that I can use to push the picture to the back (like PowerPoint?)

Kind regards, & thanks in advance,

Befuddled.....

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No. There is no " Move to bottom" option sadly.
I have reported this issue to Siemens a couple of years ago but I do not know if they plan any changes.
In our workflow we would like to place our assembly on top of a image. Same outcome. It looks ok in NX but the pdf is not.

I did find the very poor workaround to open the exported pdf in Inkscape and there modify the "order" in the pdf.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back