Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annotation note in the model tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdt020471

Mechanical
Aug 30, 2002
GB
Does anyone know if you can insert a note into the model tree? If so, how do you do it? I'm using Wildfire by the way.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

> create a "dummy" feature

Yep, that is what I do. I just use a 'Default coordinate system'. I think this has a very low regen time (does not impact regen performance) and it does not need any parent relationship.

In 2001 You can create Part or Feature notes in the model tree by Right Clicking on the Part Name and choosing create note. I think you have to change the tree filter, to show the notes. You can change the Note name or even show it on screen if you need to.

Michael

"edit" "setup" "note" type in your notation. This can be placed or unplaced in the model. You then need to go to model tree tab "settings" "tree filters" tick show notes. the full notation does not appear but the feature is visible.

You can right click on the notes in the model tree and choose modify and you will see the note creation dialog window to see the full note.

I'm not sure if you made it Read Only feature would hide the modify action from the Pop-up menu. You might want to try that to protect the Model or Feature notes.

This way you can view the note without having to put it on a layer although the Using Layers for the notes might be better and easier to view the notes depending on your approach.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back