Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annoying dimensioning behavior in draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaceballster

Mechanical
Jun 18, 2009
NL
Hi,
There's this thing in SE (draft mode, ST4) where it'll automatically select the line you're hovering over with your mouse when dimensioning. I like keyboard shortcuts/spacemouse buttons so I'm often hovering over a line when activating a dimensioning command. As a consequence when I want to dimension something it will have already selected the line I've been hovering over and I always need to cancel and reenter the command in order to get to what I want to dimension. Is there any way to turn this off? It's sooo %$# annoying...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Move you mouse and the highlight will go away until you hover over something else.
It is only selected if you click or use the keyboard shorcut command.
Cancel a selection/command with ESC.

bc.
Core i5-3570 @3.4GHz , 8GB RAM
Quadro FX4600. W7 Pro 64-bit.

Thanks. But that doesn't help. If I consciously make sure my mouse is hovering over nothing and I activate "distance between" I will then move my mouse towards the thing I'm going to dimension. On its way my mouse will unavoidably touch a line or a point somewhere and SE will assume that's where I want to measure from and thus select it for me. There seems to be a time delay. If I wait a little before moving my mouse it will not automatically select a line I'm hovering over. So if I try to make it work for me I have to be robotically quick and if I work at my normal pace it will always select stuff I don't wanna select.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back