Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anodizing 6061-T6 Aluminum

Status
Not open for further replies.

goyo0812

Aerospace
Jul 8, 2015
KR
I have a big trouble with paint peel off issue.
After applying Primer on anodized surface of AA 6061, i carried out wet addhesnion test thoughM,
Most of cases failed.
The anodizing method is boric acid-sulphuric acid anodising NOT CAA
Of course, for comparision, same material of substarte(AA 6061)were anodized by CAA, this case was good for wet addhension test.
and, tried to use different substarte material such as AA 2024, AA7071 for boric acid-sulphuric acid anodising.
Even this case also was good.
Is there anyone know the compatibility between AA6061 and boric acid-sulphuric acid anodising?
Please help me.

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not a chemical process expert, they will chime in.
But I am wondering, why you are trying to force fit a process that is not working for you when other processes are working for you?

With the good corrosion durability of 6061-Tx, why anodize? WHY ARE YOU NOT applying chromate conversion coating ILO anodizing as a inorganic coat for primer?

EXACTLY what BSAA process [specification] are You using?

Have You verified pre-cleaning processes and the BSAA bath chemistry?

Have You verified the BSAA coating thickness?

What process are You using to seal the BSAA coating? IS dichromate seal forbidden?

What primer system are You having trouble with? HOW THICK are you applying the primer?

Why not use Type II [SAA] or IIB [TF-SAA]?

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back